Gunmen invading unprotected communities.

By our reporter 22.8.2026

About 60 persons including worshipers who were observing the Friday Jumat prayer at a Mosque in Dekara District of Borgu Local Government Area of Niger State have been kidnapped by suspected bandits.
In what appears to be a coordinated attack, the gunmen stormed Dekara and surrounding communities at about 2.00pm on Friday and randomly picked their victims unchallenged.
Niger State Police spokesperson SP Wasiu Abiodun said Saturday that no life was lost in the incident and the police on the trail of the gunmen.
He said the bandits first attacked Gidan-Zana and Kpenya villages before moving to the Mosque.
“On 21/8/2026 at about 4 p.m., report received indicated that on same date at about 2 p.m., suspected terrorists invaded Gidan-Zana, Kpenya village via Dekara District Borgu, and Kpenya Mosque and abducted unspecified number of persons during prayers, while others escaped into the nearby forest.
“However, the developing report indicated that no life was lost, while a joint security detachment had been deployed to the area for assessment and rescue operations.
“Further development will be made public.”

Share On Social Media